Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A GREEN Taffeta Holiday Formal...

Ah, the Holidays. (By "holidays" I mean Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years... not "letsjustsayholidayssothatnoonethinkswe'rerefrencing CHRISTmas!" It really annoys me that "the Holidays" have replaced Christmas; on the other hand, it's nice to lump Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years all into one, two syllable word, so I can understand the use of the word for that purpose. It's all about efficiency, baby. J)


Anyways, there's one particular dress on my mind. And my inspiration just might shock you a bit. (Maybe).

I LOVE this dress (I guess it's Bella's Birthday dress?) from New Moon (which I haven't actually seen, but I stumbled upon a costume study at The Art of Clothes. I'm not a "Fan-pire" or a "Twi-hard", by any means, nor can I either recommend or negatively review about movies I haven't seen. I am NOT talking about Twilight. Please keep that in mind!)

Hot Topic had an exact replica for $99 last year... they marked the price down (after the buzz about New Moon was over) eventually to $23 (WOW!)... and sold out right away.

I'm thinking of sewing it for myself... I have to say, I'm almost surprised at how modest it is. Most junior's dresses have hems that hit at mid thigh; almost all are strapless. I just LOVE the color, and the roses! Gorgeous!

Don't know how or if I'll be able to put the roses on my version. We'll see.

Celine

p.s. WHY does she wear Converse with this beautiful dress?!!!!! Converse are casual. I don't get it.

3 comments:

  1. Even though I'm anti-twilight, I have to admit that is a very pretty dress! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color! You could always add 1/2 or 3/4 sleeves...

    It's too bad the dress is connected with the Twilight series. Maybe you could use a different kind of flower/pattern for the overlay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well converse are worn with dresses a lot. It doesn't look very good with this agreed. BUT they do look good with some!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I LOVE comments... but please, don't take the Lord's name in vain, and keep your language clean. Thank you!