Friday, November 5, 2010

Vintage-inspired wedding dress

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Weddings/brides-magazine-operation-dream-dress-winner-meet-designers/story?id=12059112Brides magazine held a wedding dress design contest, and the winner was announced live this morning on Good Morning America. One talented designer received $10,000.

My favorite wasn't the winner. :( However, I'm still very inspired by it!

The designer of this dress is Lynsey Bullock from Dothan, AL. The fabrics are a lovely gold silk shantung, with a dyed dotted tulle overlay. (I decided I LOVE dotted tulle after seeing this dress).  Her inspirations were Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn.

This was my other favorite, inspired by the weather on an island  near the designer's hometown, where her grandparents met, believe it or not!


Anyways, the rest of the article is here. I should note that I don't consider these dresses particularly modest, but some elements are still very inspiring. (Yet another benefit of knowing how to sew dresses yourself!)

Celine

3 comments:

  1. Celine - I just stumbled across your blog and wanted to thank you for your compliments. I was excited to see you post my dress as your favorite :)

    Thanks!
    Lynsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celine, I am soon to be married, and was looking around for dresses and stumbled upon your blog... I have fallen in LOVE with your dress inspired by the weather! Its Gorgeous, unique, and I believe modest as well :)

    you have great talent!
    -Stressed out bride-to-be

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous: I'm glad you liked the post :)

    Um, I should say though that neither of these dresses are my dresses. I didn't design them. Aren't they GORGEOUS though?!

    Celine

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I LOVE comments... but please, don't take the Lord's name in vain, and keep your language clean. Thank you!