Friday, December 17, 2010

What I'm wearing: a bit of Christmas bling :o

 (note: just a bit of silliness w/ my sister--I had no idea she was taking pictures every move I made, but this one ended up being our best pic!)

I absolutely LOVE this brooch thingy I made!!!!

Originally, I was going to re-fashion a plain shirt and put a lace applique on, inspired by this blouse from Macy's (no longer available):
as posted here.

But then I thought of how tricky it might be to wash, etc., and realized I could just sew a lace bow on what used to be the back of an old brooch (I save things like that), and, voila! It can go on any shirt now... and never has to be washed! yay!

For a little bling, I added some silver-y seed beads the last two tiers of scallops.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Love your fashion-y posts! That lacey brooch is SO lovely! Fab job!
    Merry Chrismtas,
    -Bess-

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I LOVE comments... but please, don't take the Lord's name in vain, and keep your language clean. Thank you!