Monday, September 27, 2010

The wider-cut shirt: it has RETURNED!


Ya, I'm pretty happy about this one. For the past year or two, my shirt size has been usually a M or L. I'm actually more of a Small, but everything was cut so that it would be skin tight! Ugg.

But this Fall, tops are returning to a more "late 90's-2000's" cut: a bit flowy-er, so to speak... sort of skimming the body rather than clinging to it. It's more flattering, and definitely more modest!





There's also shirts that are cut A-line (like this one on Selena Gomez), and I really like that style too. The problem is, they're very unflattering on moi. :(
(A note on this pic: I was at a festival a month ago, and I saw THREE people wearing this exact shirt! I guess it's a fave. View Selena's collection here.)

Of course, while tops seem to be cut more modest lately, remember we're returning to the late 90's-early 2000's. The belly shirt is also, supposedly, coming back "in". ("NOOOOoooo!!!!!") Granted, all you have to do is wear a long tank top underneath .... but I personally HATE this trend. Ick!

So anyways.... have a nice day :)

Celine

(all images in this post are from the Macy's Juniors tops selection online, excepting the Selena Gomez pic)


******************

p.s. Check out these events!



1 comment:

  1. I HATE belly-showing shirts. It's just... ugh. Even if I was the type to be immodest like that, I don't think I'd ever wear them. They're just not attractive, IMO.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I LOVE comments... but please, don't take the Lord's name in vain, and keep your language clean. Thank you!