Monday, January 24, 2011

The 50's

Ah, the 50's.... I've loved this era ever since I saw my first episode of I Love Lucy. The rest is history.

Fashion-wise, I think it's my fave decade of the 20th century. Particularly, I love the circle skirts!
Most skirts nowadays are gathered at the waist to be full at the hem. I like circle skirts because there's no bulk at the waist, but it's very "swingy" at the hem.
Poodle skirts (you know, like that pink felt skirt with a poodle applique that your grandma made you in 2nd grade?) are almost always circle skirts.

I was very pleased to see Louis Vutton's Fall/Winter collection so 50's inspired.Yay!!! (reviewed here on Bramblewood Fashion).

Anyways, I'm thinking of making a plaid circle skirt some time... any thoughts?

Well, have a lovely evening :)

Celine

Here's a tutorial on how to draft a circle skirt based on measurements, if you sew. In fact, the whole web page is fascinating!

1 comment:

  1. I love the 50s too! And circle skirts. I've been wearing them all the time for everyday outfits with button-up blouses and belts. Fun.

    I actually have that first vintage pattern you pictured!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I LOVE comments... but please, don't take the Lord's name in vain, and keep your language clean. Thank you!